Grilled Chicken tenders with fresh oregano and garlic! (And garden update!)

 You guys! I have a NEW recipe for you.  It's so good and it was created out of a need to use some of my fresh Italian oregano from my garden.

As some of you may know, Ray and I are currently living in our travel trailer as we make a huge transition in our life.  Instead of just emptying out the nest, we sold it! We bought a little piece of land and are currently in the planning stages of building a large metal shop with a small area framed out inside for us to live in.  We are super excited!

With an empty nest and no nest at all, I have found more time to enjoy some of my hobbies.  I love to have fresh food to cook and the best place to get fresh food is to grow it yourself!  I don't have a lot of room to work with and anything I do can not be permanent.  Well, I found these grow bags and they have been amazing!  Here is my current garden:

That's not all of it, but the majority of it.  I have onions, three kinds of lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, strawberries, Italian oregano and rosemary.  The dead one is basil, I keep jumping the gun on planting my basil and it does not care for the cold weather.  I'll try again soon.  It usually does really well and I love having fresh basil on hand.  I also have two other grow bags with potatoes in them and a lot of seeds and plans for more.  The frame is from the cover I used to keep them protected from the cold elements this past winter.  The broccoli and red leaf lettuce somehow managed to last through the winter, but I wouldn't call them "healthy".  We shall see what they do!

Ok, now for the recipe.  

Ingredients:

1 lb. Chicken tenders (or any chicken breast)

1 Tbsp butter (melted)

1 Tbsp olive oil

1Tbsp minced garlic

1 Tbsp fresh oregano (chopped)

Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Melt butter, add to olive oil, garlic and oregano.  Mix until combined, set aside.

Add coconut oil to grill, salt/pepper your tenders, grill on each side a few minutes until cooked with a nice brown outside.

Remove from grill and place in serving dish. With a pastry brush or spatula, cover the tops of the chicken with the butter/olive oil/garlic/oregano mixture.  Cover and set aside until ready to serve.

Serve with a fresh salad and enjoy!  Let me know in the comments if you try it!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes