Meatballs with "Zoodles" and marinara (Keto friendly but good for all!)

 


You will be so amazed at this meal!  Definitely put it on your next meal plan! I don't love vegetables and zucchini has never been something I would be excited about eating, but I found a new love for them as "zoodles".  You take a zucchini, cut off the ends after washing and use a spiralizer to make noodles (aka zoodles).  I do this ahead of time and keep in a container or baggie in my fridge until the night I need to cook them.  Then I put some butter and olive oil in a pan and sauté for just a couple minutes, add a little salt and they are good to go.  You won't believe it, I don't even realize I'm not eating pasta!

The meatballs! Oh, my yum!!  I based my recipe off of this one, but here is what I did:
1.5 pounds ground beef (I used 88%)
a few leaves of fresh basil snipped up small
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used fresh grated)
1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
2 eggs
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried onion flakes
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/2 cup warm water

Mix it up with your hands (the only proper way to make meatballs!)  I used my medium pampered chef cookie scoop and it made 34 meatballs (plenty for leftovers and lunches).  I used both of my cast iron skillets and popped them in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes, then turned on the broil to high and left them in for another 5 minutes to brown up.

The sauce.  When you are eating the keto way, you really need to read all the ingredients and watch the carbs and sugar.  Not all marinara sauces are the same!  I really liked this one that I get from Amazon Fresh.  I also like RAO sauces, but this one is sufficient for us.


Enjoy and let me know what you think and if you make it!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes