Fresh Produce to use for the Holidays

I just picked up my www.bountifulbaskets.org basket and it was full of a lot of yummy goodies!  Some I know EXACTLY what I'm doing with and some I don't.  Here is what I got...

Pomengrants, asian pears, red pears, oranges, tangerines, green beans, avacados, lettuce, cranberries, grape tomatoes, radishes, parsnips, rainbow carrots, turnips, eggplant, onions, large russet potatoes, yellow squash, bell pepper and red potatoes!!! Wowzer! (and all for $30, I got the standard basket and the hostess pack)

Christmas morning menu includes overnight cinnamon rolls, bacon, eggs, toast and orange juice.  For lunch we mostly just snack but I like to have stuff we don't normally have.  The menu plan includes cheese varieties, crackers, summer sausage, fancy deli meat.  When we got the avacados this morning we knew we wanted to make guacamole and 7 layer dip.  Here are the recipes we plan to use:

7 layer dip

Classic Guacamole

Christmas dinner menu plan includes ham, mashed potatoes, stir fry green beans, southern stuffing, dinner rolls and pumpkin pie for dessert.  Here some other items I would like to try and add...

Ambrosia Waldorf Salad (using the fresh cranberries I received)

Roasted Carrots and Parsnips

I think I might try slicing up some turnips to add in with the green beans when I sautee them... we'll see. :)

Merry Christmas! We will be eating very well over vacation! Yummmmm!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes