Being Creative in the Kitchen

I know..haven't posted in forever...blah, blah, blah....oh well, I'm here now! :)

I've been trying some new things in the kitchen lately and I wanted to share a recipe I made up last night that turned out sooo good. Basically I was wanting to bake chicken in the oven. I like to do this every now and then with boneless breasts of chicken and I've used several items as breading, things like chips and crackers etc. Last night I didn't have any of my "normal" ingredients I would usually use, so I improvised, which for me is kinda new, LOL! Here is what I did...

I used a large handful of almonds, 2 handfuls of wheat thins, a large dash of parmesean grated cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt and white pepper. I threw it all in my mini food processor and gave a big whirl. Yum! I then just dunk my chicken in a egg, then the breading and baked at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

I also roasted some potatoes and veggies to go with. I used my deep dish baker from Pampered Chef, sliced up some unpeeled potatoes, carrots and broccoli (should have added an onion in hindsight). I added some olive oil and seasonings and popped them in the oven too. Sooo yummy!!

Tonight we are having a new item as well. I picked up some chicken sausage which I had no idea they even made until my sister mentioned it. I'm cooking that with spaghetti noodles and alfredo sauce. I was worried because I don't have the "normal" cheeses that you would think to use to make an alfredo so I googled (my hobby!) and found out I could use cream cheese!!! Wow! So my plan is to make my quick white sauce from my food storage (it uses powdered milk, flour, salt and water) and then add cream cheese, grated parmesean cheese and salt and pepper. I plan on it being FANTASTIC, but I'll let ya know for sure afterwards! I also baked up some french bread to go with...carb central right here, but I'm saving fat and calories with the sausage, right? LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes