2 Week Garden Update

 

My garden is only 2 weeks in and it’s doing FANTASTIC!  I’m sooo pleased so far!  Here is my update! Smile

Here is a picture of one of my potato bins.  They are just starting to peek through so on Monday I plan on adding some more soil/compost on top to start my next layer. I think I’m most excited about these!

IMG_3062

This is my 2X2 bed that I planted onions in half of it.  They are coming up and looking good.  I plan to plant the other half with my 2nd harvest green beans.  I will probably do that in the next couple days.  So far so good!

IMG_3063

This is my main bed that I started out with a couple years ago.  I have green beans just coming up on the left hand side, my pepper plants are doing well and my onions are all coming up fine.  I even have SMALL plants coming up back in my lettuce and spinach area.  The bottom corner is a tomato plant that is also doing well so far.  I’m excited!

IMG_3064

This is one of of my 4X1 beds and as you can see I already have green beans and peas poking through! Open-mouthed smile Yay!!!

IMG_3065

My other 4X1 bed has 3 tomato plants and a basil plant all doing very well!

IMG_3066

I have yet to see anything poke through in my cantalope bin or herb bin, but it’s still pretty early for those.  I also have my 2X1 bed that will have 2nd harvest green beans planted in the next couple days as well.

So that’s the update.  My garden is growing, yay!!! Smile

Comments

  1. very exciting! did you start your tomato plants from seed? They are so big compared to mine which have about 3 leaves...lol I started everything from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While we are renting we really don't have a place for a garden. Lee and I are totally stealing your bin idea though and doing some tomato's and maybe some basil....how's a girl supposed to do without fresh tomato and basil?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes