Pumpkin Banana Bread

I went to a cooking group today and the theme was pumpkin. I decided to tweak my banana bread recipe to include pumpkin. It turned out really yummy, however in the future I will add some pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon to enhance it. I will update the recipe here when I have successfully added the spices next time. Until then, enjoy!

Pumpkin Banana Bread

*makes 2 loaves

3 - 4 bananas, well mashed
1 can pumpkin puree
2 egg
2 sticks margarine or butter, melted
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups white flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 - 2 cups nuts (optional)

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until moist. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until knife in middle comes out clean.

You can sprinkle a cinnamon/sugar mixture on top before baking to give it a nice, sweet, crunchy top.

For banana bread - just double the banans and omit the pumpkin. It's delicious!! :) Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes