Two new recipes for your crockpot

I know it's been too long between posts. I've been cooking, just not posting. I'm sure ALL my MANY readers have been sooo sad. LOL!

I have two new recipes for the crockpot. One is my everyday vegetable soup. I make this all the time and it isn't really a recipe, so I never thought to post it. I recently had to write it out for something, so I thought I'd post it for everyone to enjoy. It is super yummy and you really can throw whatever you have in and it comes out tasting yummy. The tomato is important, but I have even just added some tomato paste and it still tastes good. The second recipe is for red beans and rice. This is something I've been wanting to try for awhile and recently a friend gave me a recipe for it. I used different seasonings and I must say it turned out super yummy. I will play with it a little each time with the seasonings, but I dont' think I'll stray too far from the recipe I'm posting tonight.

Everyday Vegetable Soup

1/2 to 1 lb. ground beef (browned and drained) *leftover meat or other meat of your choice
3 to 4 medium potatoes (diced or chopped) *I leave the skins on
1 lb. frozen mixed vegetables *any veggies, fresh, frozen, canned, doesn't matter
2 cans diced tomatoes
1/4 cup dehydrated onions OR 1 onion diced
10 cups water
6 boullion cubes *any flavor, I use chicken
seasonings of your choice *I use pepper and oregano

Put all ingredients into your crockpot in the morning and your house will smell GREAT and you will have yummy soup for dinner. *or sooner ;)

Red Beans and Rice

For seasoning:

1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons kosher salt

Mix together.

For beans:

1 package dry red beans
water to cover
4 tablespoons dehydrated onions
1 lb. cooked italian sausage *smoked turkey sausage was yummy and I only used 1/2 lb. OR you could omit completely for a meatless meal
24 oz. tomato sauce

Directions:

The night before, put your beans, water, onions and 2 tablespoons seasoning in the crockpot. Cover and let sit all night.
In the morning, add 1 more tablespoon seasoning, stir and turn on high to cook.
Cook at least 6 hours or until beans are done.
Add tomato sauce and sausage. Cook at least another hour. Serve over rice.

Comments

  1. They both sound delish! I may have to cut the soup recipe in half since I am the only one who likes soup around here.....Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm! So I have recently discovered Crock Pot Girls on Facebook. Since then I have used my crock pot about once a week for the past three weeks - which for me is amazing considering I haven't used my crock pot with any regularity ever. Have you seen them? Check it out!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes