Garden Update

Everything is growing! I'm having some trouble. Something happened to my peas. It's the second year for my peas not to do well and so I may not try them again. We'll see. It was a different problem this year. Not sure if they didn't get enough nutrients or if the late freeze ruined them or what. Some of them just plain old died. So sad. I've also got a leaf eating problem. To the best of what I can figure out, I've got some grasshoppers doing the leaf eating. So far I don't noticed any major damage, but I'm still watching. My strawberries also seem to have a problem. The part that touches the soil isn't turning red, in fact it's turning brown and it's deformed in that part. The rest of the strawberry does fine and they taste oh soo good, but not sure what is causing that. I'm also only getting berries on 2 plants which were my 2 original plants from last year. The two new plants are just busy growing this year. :)

Here is what I have going on so far. New flowering on the tomato plants, yay!

Some ripe strawberries....YUM! :D

And my favorite so far, green onions. These are super sweet and strong and yummy! I will definitely do wayyy more of these next year!

My corn is growing like crazy, the lettuce is starting to come up, the green beans, cantalope, bell peppers and shallots are growing and we are just waiting and watching for harvest time! :D yay for gardens! :D

Comments

  1. The garden looks great! Since I don't garden...(not yet at least) not sure what could be causing the other problems!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes