New Things to Try!

I'm gearing up for my Feb. meal planning so stay tune for that. Jan has been amazing and I am sooo glad I planned for the whole month. I did need to make adjustments and there were a few nights I messed up and didn't get my meat out the night before and such, but to know I had all the ingredients I needed and knew what I could make, made everything possible. So, I plan to do it again! :D

A new month though requires at least a few new recipes, as I don't want to get stuck in a rut of the same o same o - I've also learned what types of things I need more of and I want to find ways to make it cheaper and/or better. With that said, here are some things I want to try soon and I'll let you know the outcome when I do.

Lazy Granola

Pizza Dough

Granola Bars

Basic Blueberry Muffins

Homemade Pretzels

I also want to try this recipe I found to use with my Pampered Chef deep dish baker. Did you know you can cook a whole yummy chicken in your microwave in 30 minutes with it? Anyway, here is the one I plan on adding to my menu for next month.

Easy Enchiladas (ready in 15 minutes)
1 lb (about 3) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (13-15 oz) enchilada sauce
6-10 flour or corn tortillas (whichever you prefer!)

Place chicken in Deep Covered Baker. Pour tomatoes and green chilies over chicken and bake in microwave on high for 10 minutes. Place chicken and some of the tomatoes and green chilies into a Stainless Mixing Bowl. Chop with Salad Choppers. Discard remaining liquid. Scoop 2 large scoops of chicken into each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, and roll tightly. Place back in deep covered baker, cover with enchilada sauce and more cheese. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.

Well, that's it for now. I'm still searching for main dish new recipes but I should have my menu plan ready by the end of the week. :)

Comments

  1. LOVE the Lazy granola. I think I have made it 100 times for my family. I just add a little flax to make it extra healthy. Perfect everytime!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes