Exciting Project Plans!

I don't know what happened, but I've totally been bit by the CRAFT BUG!!!! :D Here are some of the things I AM working on, some I WANT to work on and maybe a few I ASPIRE to work on. hee hee!!

First things first, I'm getting ready to start working on a rag quilt. I found this super easy tutorial HERE and I just bought all my flannel fabric ON SALE at Joann's today so I'm super excited to get going on it. Mine will be for a boy, but I'm not saying whose boy it's for because I can't remember if she reads this blog or not, LOL! I'll keep you posted on how it's going...

Last year we had a sink that overflowed in our powder room that is located in our extra living area. We have mostly used this room as a playroom for the kids, but they are getting older so we're slowly changing the playroom over to the game/media room. Since the carpet got ruined in the flooding, it was an opportunity to redo the bathroom and the game/media room.
The bathroom is getting a complete makeover. The only item that will be original is the toilet. We painted the bathroom a pretty aloe vera light green color and I found an awesome new light fixture on clearance for $13.50. A new pedastal sink will be bought soon and I'm on the outlook for a new, fun mirror. We plan on using tile for the flooring and we found this great red claylike tile. As for the game/media room.... it's getting a fresh coat of paint. I'm using a chocolate brown color on one wall and the other 3 walls are getting a light mint green color. We're also painting some bookcases and other storage cases. New flooring is still being decided on, but it will more than likely be a laminate wood of some sort. So, that brings me to wall art! :D I found this AWESOME idea for wall art that is cool storage as well. Check it out! We won't do this for ALL of our games, but it will be fun for a few of them. I also just found this idea for doing subway wall art and I think it will be an easy, perfect addition to the room. I plan on making a couple with words that pertain to what the room is used for and maybe a few words that describe us as a family. Aren't they both cool ideas?? So, again, I'll keep you posted as it gets all done. It will be several months before the rooms are completed since we're doing this as we find budget for it, but that's ok. The end result will be awesome!

And then some odds and ends craft ideas I want to do:

Scripture book covers

Post-it notes holder/cover - maybe for part of end of year gifts for teachers, although they make more sense at the beginning or even middle of the year, hmmmm.... - we'll see, lol

polkadot pillow - so i love, love, love this pillow... I probably wont' make it a valentine pillow - but IF we get to do oldest daughter's room over (long story on the IF part) then she wants to do blues and greens, and I can just see a striped bedspread of sorts with some of these polka dot pillows among other things, oh yummmmm :D

valentine decorations - again I don't see myself doing this as a valentine theme, but I love the ideas, I could see myself doing the word FAMILY and then painting the styrofoam balls with colors that coordinate in my living room for a fun decoration on my mantle - easy and elegant, love it! :D

wreath - I love this idea! I probably wont' do this any time soon, because I don't have enough scrap fabric just laying around, but someday I totally want to do this! :D

Ok, I'll quit.....for now! :D Do you have any crafts in the works or crafts you're wishing to do?

Comments

  1. How fun to be bitten by the craft bug! I think I'm going to run by Walmart tomorrow and pick up the letters to paint for a new V-day decoration. Thanks for sharing these great ideas! I hope you post photos of your finished projects!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes