Recipe Reviews I

I was soo excited today because the weather was the PERFECT day for baking! I'm a baker. I absolutely love to bake. Cooking is fun, but baking is wayy better. So, living in Texas, it's really too hot in the summer to bake. Today it was a raining 70 degree day! Yay! So, I took the opportunity that was given to me and I baked a couple cookie recipes, my favorite french bread recipe and a new whole wheat bread recipe. Here are my reviews! :)

Snickerdoodle Cookies


These turned out soo yummy and were just delicious! I followed the recipe exactly, and they turend out pefect!


Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

These also were really yummy. I did measure my flour and I used 2 1/4 cups. I also made the first ones mounded like she shows in her pictures, but they looked funny to me, so I smooshed the rest down just a bit and they looked more like cookies to me. The taste was the same, yummy! :) I might add a bit more cinnamon the next time I make them. I will make them again for sure!
Fast and Easy Whole Wheat Bread




This, by far, was the greatest success of the day! I am always looking for an easy WHOLE wheat bread that turns out how I want it to. Usually they are either 50% whole wheat or they are too dense, etc. This is a very light and moist bread. It is definitely whole wheat, so only make it if you like that kind of bread. I did have to do a couple little things differently.
*My yeast wasn't proofing very well with just the water, so I measured out the 1/3 cup sugar I was going to use and I just took about a 1 tsp. off the top and sprinkled it in with the yeast and water and then left it for another 10 minutes. That did the trick for me and my yeast proofed very nicely after that.
**I had to leave the bread to rise in the oven MUCH longer than her recipe. This could just be due to the elevation difference between where she is and where I am at. I just waited until the bread has raised to the top of the pan (about 45 minutes) and then I turned the oven on 350 and baked the reccommended 30 minutes.
It was defnitiely easy and yummy and I will be making this again soon!



Comments

  1. Glad to hear you enjoyed the whole wheat bread recipe! I assume it was a low oven temperature that caused your bread to take so long to rise. Next time preheat your oven a little longer than 1 minute (maybe 3-4 minutes), until it feels like a hot summers day (around 85-90 F). This will help it rise quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily for the comment. My oven has a set pre-heat time, so it has different heat times for the different temps. So it was definitely heated to the right temp. I certaintly didn't mind the extra rise time, the bread was well worth the wait. :) Thanks again for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes