Weekly Menu Plan

I'm trying something new this week in my attempt to be a better "on-the-go" mom. I am moving our dinner time most nights to 7:00 pm. No one seemed very hungry or willing to eat in a hurry at 5:00 pm and I wasn't coming up with very many good ideas for food on the go. We tried this Saturday night and it worked nicely, so we'll see how the rest of the week goes. This also makes it nice, because the girls are always hungry when they get home from school around 4:00 pm and I never wanted to give them much when we would eat dinner an hour later. Now, they can have a decent snack at 4 and then be fine and ready to eat at 7 pm.

Friday - we had dinner out - a friend gave us a family coupon to Sweet Tomatoes for $19.99. It was a great deal and very yummy. We made a family outing of it and went to costco.
Saturday - Sloppy Joes - basically I made the sloppy joe meat ahead of time, stuck it in the crockpot and it was waiting for us when we came home after the soccer game. It worked out very well.
Sunday - grilled chicken with red mashed potatoes and grapes
Monday - crockpot roast beef with red potatoes and oranges
Tuesday - spaghetti
Wednesday - crockpot rotisserie chicken with red potatoes and peas
Thursday - crockpot roast beef with rice and corn

As you can probably tell I bought a big huge bag of red potatoes at costco. Yum! I don't buy potatoes very much, but when I do we enjoy eating them. The beef roast is 2 times this week, because I bought one and slice it into two pieces. I also bought hamburger which I cooked up once to make the sloppy joes, but before adding the sloppy joe ingredients, I took half the hamburger out and froze it for the spaghetti. What I will do is just take it out of the freezer and pop it in the crockpot on low, when it's thawed and loose, i'll add the sauce and then i will only have to cook the spaghetti right before dinner. Huge time saver.

Hope everyone enjoys their week!

Comments

  1. Your menu sounds awesome....I think I want some red potatoes now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes