Weekly Menu

Here is what we've had this week. I feel like we've been eating really well this week and it's been yummy and cheap too. I'm working hard to save quite a bit of money right now for a trip I want to take next month. I'm saving $100 per week. In order for me to do this I am cooking mostly with what I have on hand. I'm trying to stick to just buying mostly fresh fruits, veggies, milk, bread (because it's too hot to bake right now), and then just filler items to round out a meal. It's been kinda fun and I might try to keep it up even after the trip. We shall see...so here it is...

Monday
beef roast in the crockpot
steamed rice
peas
grapes/cherries

I found a boneless beef eye round roast on sale when I went to pick up groceries, it was about a 3.5 lb roast for around $5. I came home and stuck it in the small crockpot around noon with some dried onions and salt-free season all. We ate about 6 pm and it was sooo tender you could shred it. Yum!

Tuesday
grilled london broil
steamed rice
corn

I still have about 10 lbs london broil left in my freezer from when it went on sale. My husband can grill london broil like nobody else. I just had it defrosted and ready to go once he got home, so he could just throw it on the grill. The nice thing is that he has great leftovers this week as well. :)

Wednesday
salsa crockpot chicken
tostadas
black beans

This was a new recipe:
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
1 jar salsa
1/2 cup brown sugar

I just put it all in the crockpot in the morning, just before dinner, I shredded the chicken so it could absorb the sauce. The origional recipe called for 1 cup brown sugar, i used about 3/4 and i think it still would have been really good with 1/2 cup. You can play with it how you like. However, the brown sugar really made a yummy taste with the salsa. We just loaded up the tostada shells with chicken, cheese and black beans and yummy, what a good thing to eat!!

Thursday
sloppy joes on homemade french rolls
fresh fruit
carrot sticks

Tonight i made homemade french rolls which is very doable even when hot out because they only have to bake about 12 minutes. I've posted the sloppy joe recipe before and the rolls I made with the french bread recipe I have posted before. I need to start linking them. I will do that, check back later.

Tomorrow night we're going out to eat for our 12th anniversary at Texas de Brazil. Yummmmmmmmmm!!!!!

Comments

  1. I would really Love love love for you to be my personal chef. I get in a rut too often, and I love hearing what others have planned. I am going to have to put the salsa chicken on the menu this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes