Will be able to harvest soon....but a pea problem too :(

I am noticing my first few problems in my garden. The good news is that I do have pea pods already on my pea plants. The bad news is that the pea plants are starting to die. I did a little research online and it is probably due to the heat we've been having. I thought at first it was a too much sun issue, but it sounds more like the heat is too hot for the soil. The plants are getting too hot at the roots. Any comments or experience about that for me? So the reccommendation was possibly putting some mulch around the roots and possibly some fertilizer. I think I need some shade also. We'll see what I come up with.





Here is the bell pepper plant that's started flowering. I'm excited about this one.


A big pea pod on my pea plant.


My tomatoes should ripen any day and there are a lot of them!

Another pea pod.


There are a ton of green beans on my bean plants! The storm last week was rough on my bean plants and some of them are having a hard time standing up, but they are still producing fine! :)
My broccoli plants are not looking very well and my jalepeno plant and lettuce seem to be at a standstill. I am guessing shade is the issue and possibly heat. I'll let you know what I figure out and if it works.

Comments

  1. I am IMPRESSED!!! I am so close to being motivated to do a garden now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes