Quilting 101

Last night I had an amazing opportunity! I had my first "lesson" in quilting! Kudos to Linda Petersen whom was so patient with me and really worked hard to give me a good first experience with quilting.

I'm sure being a first time quilter would be easier if I wasn't such a novice sewer also, but alas I like to try it all!

The sewing machine story goes as follows: One day my wonderful husband came home from the store with a new sewing machine. He said it was a really good deal. I asked him what HE was going to do with it! Hah! It took a couple years for the idea to grow on me that learning how to use the machine could acutally be a good thing. :)

Last year I learned how to make a trick or treat bag for the kids. A wonderful friend taught me how and she also gave me a crash course on how to use my machine also. I'm a pretty quick study, but like anything else, if you don't use what you've learned you'll forget.

Sooo...last night it took a bit for me to remember how to use my machine. Linda was great! I had cut my squares out ahead of time, but the first fabric I cut I had some problems with, so some of my squares were a little off, which I learned can cause big problems. Linda worked hard to square up my quilt pieces and we got the top of the table runner quilt done! I did do ALL the sewing myself which was a big feat for me! Linda helped me by doing most of the pinning and just overall telling me the steps to sewing all the blocks together.

Take a look!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes