Handprint Gifts

My husband's birthday is always around Mother's Day, so we usually end up celebrating them together. This year I decided to do some handprint gifts and they turned out pretty good. My husband also decided to do a handprint gift. He got me this great garden cart and let the kids personalize it with their handprints. Priceless! :) Great minds think alike.

This is the shirt we made for my mom. I really wanted the blue handprint up and to the right a bit, so it was overlapping the pink one. But he is 4 and this was pretty good. :) I think it turned out very cute.

Here is the back of my husband's shirt. A right foot print from each child. I'll add how I did this at the bottom of this post.


This is the front of his shirt. I've tried a couple times to get this the right way. On my computer it's the right way, so does it turn when I upload it here? ERggggggg! You can get the idea from it I guess. LOL!

I also decorated a frame for my mom. Here are my supplies. 4 colors acrylic paint and one paint pen. The wooden frame I got at the craft store for less than $5.
I painted the frame in a yellow/water wash and then had the kids add their handprints. Then I wrote with a silver sharpie. I do need to still seal it. I am thinking of just using modpodge since I have that already. Should work fine.

So, what I did for the shirts. I bought two plain shirts and put a piece of cardboard in each, so the paint wouldn't bleed through. I used a large sponge paint brush and "painted" each of the kids hand/feet so I got a nice even layer of paint. Then I place their hand/foot where I wanted it and immediately helped them wash it off in the tub of water I had at the table. Then I used the paint pen to add what I wanted to say. After it dried, I heat set it in the dryer. I don't think you neccessarily need to for the acrylic paint, but I did just in case since I had used the paint pen as well.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes