Garden Update


Here is how my garden looks today! I think it is coming along very nicely. The four boxes with * in them are ones that didn't do well. They were transplants from inside and I think one of the things I have learned this year is that I don't need to start my seeds inside. The carrots, first harvest lettuce and the onion are also seeds I started inside. They are doing well, however I feel they would have done just as well starting by seed. For instance, look at my second harvest lettuce. It's doing just as well and I started that by seed. So far, the only thing that hasn't come up yet is the mixed bell pepper plant. However, it did have a slightly longer germination, so I am still hopeful.

My plan with the empty boxes (ones with the * in them) are to plant more seeds for a second harvest. My bush green beans and my peas are doing so well, I think I want a second harvest for those. I think for the other two boxes I will try cucumber by seed and maybe do either an herb or other pepper in my other box. I will definitely be researching about keeping this box going for a fall garden. And, next summer, I will have at least one more box. It really has been so easy so far. The trick will be harvesting, but if I am able to alternate the harvest I shouldn't get too much all at once.

As always, feedback is welcome! :)
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes