Cheesecake Supreme!

When Ray and I were first married, I made him a lot of cheesecake. All it took was him saying he liked cheesecake, and I set out to make it for him! LOL! He would cut the cheescake into 4 quarters and grab one piece on his way out to school. At one point I had to stop making it for him, it wasn't healthy, haha!
You do need a springform pan. There really is no way to make a cheesecake properly without the springform pan. You can get them most anywhere and they are fairly inexpensive. I've seen many cheesecake recipes over the years, but my favorite comes from good old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. It's called Cheesecake Supreme.
I only make one slight change from the recipe. I like more crumb mixture so I use 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs instead of 1 3/4 cups. You can choose how you like yours. The nuts in the crust give it a very unique flavor and most everyone that has tried it really likes it. I also make a fruit sauce to go with it..the picture on the left is a piece Ray cut for himself and "drenched" with sauce, I normally "drizzle" it with sauce. It's a bit tart, but you can add sugar to make it how sweet you want it.


Take 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cups walnuts chopped, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 cup melted butter, mix them together and then press the mixture down into the bottom and sides of a 8" or 9" springform (I prefer the 9"). Reserve 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top.

In your kitchen aide or with a mixer and bowl, beat together:
3 8 oz boxes of cream cheese
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix on high until fluffy and well mixed. Add all at once:

2 eggs and 1 egg yolk

Mix on low until just combined. Stir in lightly:

1/4 cup milk

Pour batter into the pan with the crust. Bake at 375 degrees as follows:

8" - 45 to 50 minutes
9" - 35 to 40 minutes

* My 9" got done perfectly in 40 minutes, my 8" took longer because it was thicker, and I had to cover it with tinfoil sprayed with pam for awhile.

Your cheesecake is done when you wiggle it and it appears set. Take your cheesecake out of the oven and let it cool for about 10-15 minutes. Then unhook the springform ring and let it cool for another 15 minutes. Take off your ring completely and allow your cheesecake to cool completely. I like to leave my cheesecake on the bottom circle of the springform pan while I chill it in the fridge. It sets it up nice and firm before I slide it off onto a plate.

My Fruit Sauce recipe comes from the same cookbook. It's a wonderfully easy recipe that you can use on many things and the great thing is you can use any kind of fruit you want.

In a small saucepan on low heat, mix together 1/2 tsp. finely shredded orange peel, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1 Tbsp. cornstarch and 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon. Stir in undrained fruit. You can use a can (8 oz) of fruit or you can use a 10 oz bag of frozen fruit that's been thawed.
Cook and stir until bubbly and then cook and stir for 2 minutes more. You can use it hot or chill it and serve it cold. Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Looks great, but looks like I wont be trying this until I lose weight! LOL Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes