Sweet Hawaiian Bread






I really like sourdough bread. So, I thought I would try to make some. It was a long process and when I finally made it, it was good, but it wasn't sourdough. It turned out tasting VERY much like that sweet hawaiian bread you buy. So, that's what I'm calling it and you can decide whether or not you want to try it. I will be trying another sourdough recipe soon, so stay tuned.

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp salt
1 - 1/2 cups warm water
1 cup sourdough starter
6 cups bread flour

Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Oil bottom & sides of large bowl & put bread dough in.






Let stand overnight at room temperature.









In morning, punch dough down 4-5 times and divide into 3 equal balls. Kneed each ball 8-10 times and put into 3 greased and floured loaf pans. Brush tops with oil and cover with oiled foil. Let stand 4-5 hours or all day. (If dough has not risen well, put small pan of water on bottom rack in oven, heat to 200 degrees, turn off oven. Put dough on top rack for 1-2 hours.) Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. (Cover with foil after lightly browned.)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes