Another loaf type of the Artisan bread...

I have been reading more in my new cookbook about the different ways to use the master dough. If you don't know what I am referring to, check the post right below this one. Another way listed to make the bread was in a loaf pan. This appealed to me because then I could have regular slices instead of small weird shaped slices. Also, it was nice because I didn't need the stone or the pizza peel. So, if any of that describes you, this is the way to do it.
Use the same dough you already have made in the fridge. Flour the top of it and break off 1 1/2 pound piece, about the size of a cantalope. Shape it into a ball the same way as before, but then elongate it into an oval. Place the oval loaf of dough into your greased loaf pan and let it sit to rise for about 1 hour and 40 minutes. The dough before rising should fill your pan just a little past half way.
After rising, flour the top of the dough and slice the top with a sharp bread knife, place your loaf pan in the middle of the oven, put a cup of hot tap water in a shallow pan underneath and bake in your preheated oven of 450 degrees for 35 minutes. After baking, immediately remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack to cool. When cool, slice and serve. Very yummy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes