Tortillas

Ok, so tortillas can be pricey. A bag of 10 flour tortillas at the grocery store is anywhere from $1.50 to $2.00 depending on which store and which product. Usually any recipe you use them in will use the entire bag, that adds a lot of money to a recipe. So, here is my solution and what I do.



I buy my corn and flour tortillas at Costco. A bag of 100 corn tortillas cost me $2.99 and a bag of 40 flour tortillas cost me $2.95.





Now, you can do this however you want to do it, but this is what I use to keep the price down. I use these twist tie bags, a box of 100 is super cheap, I think under $2.00. I then separate the tortillas into groups. For the corn I did mostly sets of 12 and then the flour I did 4 sets of 10. Stick each set into a twist tie baggie.

This is what they look like after bagging them in sets.

Then I put them back into the original bag and stick them in my freezer. When I am ready to use a set, I just pull it out and either set them on the counter to defrost, or I put them in the microwave for a minute or two and I have fresh tortillas. Think of the savings!

Comments

  1. Great idea! Mine always seem to be forgotten in the refrigerator after I use them the first day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes