Bran Muffins

Most mornings I cook fresh bran muffins and scramble eggs for the kids for breakfast. I haven't always, but my mom always encouraged me to cook the kids a healthier and hot breakfast because she said they would eat it. It is one of their better meals where they actually sit up and eat, so it did make sense. One of my good friends Alicia told me about this bran muffin recipe she had because some of my kids were having constipation issues. So, combine that with a few scramble eggs and some oj, and you have a great meal. So many benefits. I have seen many different versions of this bran muffin recipe, but here is the one I use and I have had many compliments since I've been making them. My one word of caution is if you're not used to bran, eat only one the first time and work your way up, haha.

Bran Muffins

In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave 2 cups water and 2 sticks margarine until boiling (usually 6 or 7 minutes for me). When boiling, add 2 cups All-bran cereal (use only this kind,the original). Set aside.

Mix together 5 cups flour, 3 cups sugar, 5 tsp. baking soda, 2 tsp. salt, 4 eggs, 1 quart buttermilk and 2 tsp. vanilla until combined. Add 4 cups All-bran cereal (I just add the rest of the box) until combined. In a BIG bowl that will fit in your fridge that you can cover, add the two mixtures together and stir until combined.

Cover and refrigerate overnight. This batter will stay good in your refrigerator up to 6 weeks.

To Bake: Spray your muffin pan with spray oil and fill 3/4 in each one. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.

Enjoy! :)

Comments

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe.... I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another one I make all the time. We LOVE these. They taste great! My MIL gave me this recipe a couple years ago!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sourdough!

Two of my favorite things to make

Bulk Seasoning Mixes - Recipes